What is a Green Policy?
A Green Policy is your company’s statement about your commitment to sustainability and environmental management. It shows that you are prepared to make a commitment to take action.
Having a formal green policy shows your employees and customers that managing environmental issues is a high priority for your company.
We suggest that you include the following in your company’s Green Policy Statement:
• A declaration of your company’s commitment to the environment;
• An overview of what your company is trying to achieve with your environmental goals;
• A commitment to prevent pollution and improve environmental awareness; and
• A list of what you will do to reach your environmental goals.
Green policies don’t have to be exhaustive, it’s enough to make a statement in plain language that motivates others to follow your example.
The policy should be communicated to all employees, stakeholders and customers as a commitment to helping the environment.
Why do you need a Green Policy?
A Green Policy benefits all and shows that your company is committed to protecting the environment and that you are a leader whose example others will follow.
By creating a green vision for your business and implementing some simple best practice you’ll acquire the following benefits:
• A healthier, safer workplace;
• A way to engage employees and customers in discussions about the environment;
• The ability to meet customer green contractual requirements;
• A competitive advantage in the marketplace; and
• An enhanced image in the community and with existing and potential customers.
Download the Green Policy Kit
ALASH has prepared the documentation necessary to formulating and implementing a Green Policy.
To access the documentation, simply click on the file name and download the PDF file.
Read the contents carefully and distribute the Green Policy Implementation amongst employees with a note from management explaining why the company wishes to implement a Green Policy and how each staff member is a part of this process;
Print and attach the Green Kit stickers;
Copy and paste the Green Policy statement onto your headed paper. Sign, add the date and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once we have received your Green Policy statement, we will issue you with a Green Certificate to display on your website and add to your Alash suppliers profile.